Locate & Geocoder using same Published service returning difference results?

04-09-2024 12:17 PM
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hello All, 

Using ArcPro 3.2 Enterprise 11.2.

I am attempting to Geocode some addresses, but am getting poor results from the Geocode Service but accurate results from the Locate Toolbar using the same Locator used in the Geocode Service.

IE:

Table Date (single field)  32200 Cathedral Canyon Dr Cathedral City CA 92234

Table DataTable Data

Locate (Using same Locator published as Geocode Server): 

From LocateFrom Locate

Rematch Addresses of above table: No Available CandidatesRematch AddressRematch Address

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@Amarz If you go to the REST endpoint for the CathedralGeocoder service and use the findAddressCandidates operation does the address return any candidates? Or the geocodeAddresses operation https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/geocode-addresses.htm#ESRI_SECTION1...

Is the service a single locator or is it a composite locator published as a service?

Does the same behavior occur when batch geocoding when the addresses are in multiple fields?

-Shana

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

When using the findAddressCandidates operation I am getting a Match with Score 100.

This is built from a Composite of Address, Parcel and Street Centerlines.

The example above was from a batch geocoding of a single field, I will attempt a multi field geocoding.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@Amarz What was the result of batch geocoding with multiple fields?

0 Kudos
MariaGiarrusso
New Contributor III

Hi. Having similar issue. Using the Pro 3.3 modelbuilder Geocode Addresses tool, I get results that are off by up to 100 ft or more. If I use the ArcGIS Pro 3.3 Locate tool, the first result is correct, but geocoding using the same locator and addresses gives a different result. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@MariaGiarrusso What type of locator are you using to geocode your table, local or service? Do the addresses include the city or zip code? Is the locator you are using a multirole locator? What is the precision of the locator you are using? (You can see this in the locator properties) What are you comparing the offset to, the data the locator is built from?

0 Kudos