Lines not displaying in correct location

Jump to solution
09-29-2021 03:40 AM
RachelScott
Occasional Contributor III

I have line data that is not showing in the correct location. The example below shows the line not between the 2 polygons. If I click on it to edit the vertices it shows it at the correct location but when I click away from it, it's back at the wrong location again.

This is happening on a load of lines, they all look like they are not showing correctly but when I try to edit them they are!

Please help.

Regards

Rachel

RachelScott_0-1632911332663.png

RachelScott_1-1632911369332.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you ensure if all the layers and Map are in same coordinate system, and the features are stored as Geodatabase Feature Classes?

Assuming you have followed the above point and the issue still persists, could you add the data in a new map?

Remove the line layer from ArcGIS Pro. Save the project and close ArcGIS Pro. Open the Project, and add the line feature class again.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you ensure if all the layers and Map are in same coordinate system, and the features are stored as Geodatabase Feature Classes?

Assuming you have followed the above point and the issue still persists, could you add the data in a new map?

Remove the line layer from ArcGIS Pro. Save the project and close ArcGIS Pro. Open the Project, and add the line feature class again.

Think Location
0 Kudos
RachelScott
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jayanta,

The data is stored as a hosted feature layer in Portal in WGS 84. All the other layers stored in the same location behave according. The basemaps are in a different projection.

I tried removing it , saving the project, closing, opening it and re-adding it but the problem still persists.

The only way around it was to create a new project and add the layers again. That seems to have resolved it. 

Thanks for your help.

DevRobinson
New Contributor II

You wouldn't happen to be working in a 3D Scene map, would you? This can happen if your features do not share the same Z values as the ground elevation upon creation. 

0 Kudos