Select to view content in your preferred language

Label Weights on Layout Graphic Elements

Jump to solution
12-30-2020 11:37 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to set a label weight on a graphic element created in a layout.  These elements could be text boxes or legends with the purpose of not having labels sometimes appear clipped by these elements.  In ArcMap, I had created a polygon that would cover the text boxes set with no symbology and set the weight to 1000 so no labels would try to appear there.

In Pro, we now have graphic elements in the map that can be assigned a label weight.  But I'm working in a map series and would like the labels not to appear.  For example in the screenshot below, the title box is transparent which provides information on the continuity of the image but I would prefer if the 020206 is not shown.  I can just remove the transparency but curious if there is another way.   I have close to 900 of these maps in the map series as geopdfs and they are used in mobile devices to navigate.

If it was a single map, the graphic element in the map frame would work but I'm not sure how that would work with the changing map extents.

Thanks.

BrianKaplan2_0-1609356701421.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Brian - there is an Enhancement Request (ENH-000134871) - Functionality to have "low" or "none" label weight value by default for graphics layers in ArcGIS Pro.  I'd recommending adding this as an ArcGIS Idea to increase visibility to the ArcGIS Pro developers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Brian - there is an Enhancement Request (ENH-000134871) - Functionality to have "low" or "none" label weight value by default for graphics layers in ArcGIS Pro.  I'd recommending adding this as an ArcGIS Idea to increase visibility to the ArcGIS Pro developers.