Label or symbolize polygons containing attachments

Jump to solution
04-18-2023 06:32 PM
KarlUruski
New Contributor II

Can I add a label or symbol to a polygon to indicate it contains an attachment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaymondHuang_Sg
New Contributor III

Hi Karl,

It is possible. Here's a high-level description of the steps required:

In short, the info that indicates any presence of attachment(s) for a polygon feature is stored in another table, so I suggest we can add a join to bring that info in for creation of symbology.

RaymondHuang_EsriSg_2-1681882412757.png

Then perhaps we can consider adding a marker symbol, with center placement, for records that has all other values other than null in terms of attachment ID field.

RaymondHuang_EsriSg_1-1681882399297.png

The effect is as such in ArcGIS Pro where polygons with attachment id null will be without the marker symbol:

RaymondHuang_EsriSg_0-1681882346074.png
Do let me know if it helps.

Cheers

Cheers,
Raymond

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RaymondHuang_Sg
New Contributor III

Hi Karl,

It is possible. Here's a high-level description of the steps required:

In short, the info that indicates any presence of attachment(s) for a polygon feature is stored in another table, so I suggest we can add a join to bring that info in for creation of symbology.

RaymondHuang_EsriSg_2-1681882412757.png

Then perhaps we can consider adding a marker symbol, with center placement, for records that has all other values other than null in terms of attachment ID field.

RaymondHuang_EsriSg_1-1681882399297.png

The effect is as such in ArcGIS Pro where polygons with attachment id null will be without the marker symbol:

RaymondHuang_EsriSg_0-1681882346074.png
Do let me know if it helps.

Cheers

Cheers,
Raymond
KarlUruski
New Contributor II

Raymond, thank you for your direction on the table join to identify polygons with attachments. It was very clear. What wasn't clear is that my intent is to add a 2nd symbol to polygons already symbolized with land use data.  But I'm still falling short in my attempt to insert a visual marker to ID polygons with attachments. I appreciate your help. Regards.

0 Kudos
KarlUruski
New Contributor II

In the end, the most time efficient method for me was to extract the subset of polygons containing attachments, save to a new layer and drop in ascii character 254 as a label to visually identify polygons with attachments. Many thanks again.Screenshot 2023-04-23 094149.png

0 Kudos
RaymondHuang_Sg
New Contributor III

Hi Karl,

I am glad you achieved the symbology you wanted. I would have probably done the same way as you!

Cheers,
Raymond
0 Kudos