Select to view content in your preferred language

Join in ArcPro exported Survey123 .csv files that were related/repeats shows a joined table with Nulls

12-12-2022 03:16 PM
CinthiaEichhorn
New Contributor III

I have two .csv files that were exported from Survey123.  These files were in a feature service as related/repeats so there is an ESRI software created globalid and a parentalglobalid that the join should work on.  Let's call these items parent.csv and repeat.csv.

However, now the task is to convert these two .csv files into 1 flat file for another team to use.

I join the "repeat" csv (4 records) with the other csv which has 1 record. When I validate the join  there are not any error messages, the table join proceeds and the repeat side of the table has its values, but the parent side is all nulls.   (This is a test dataset so 4 repeats to 1 site.)

I checked the join fields to ensure there wasn't a leading space, etc.,

It seems like this should be a simple solution...any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Are both the gloablid fields the same case?

There are some issues where some ESRI software stores them as uppercase, while others store as lowercase.

R_

0 Kudos
CinthiaEichhorn
New Contributor III

Hi. Yes, the fields were the same case.  After several tries with the csv exports, what works is to add the feature service to ArcPro, join the tables (even though they are related already), and export as a flat file.

Thank you for the suggestion on checking field case though. 

0 Kudos