Issues when using project template for ArcGIS Pro

03-06-2023 02:14 AM
Labels (2)
aric5
by
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have saved my project as a project template (using Share > Project template (under save as group)) and I have started a new project using this template. However, I find an issue with the coordinate system as is looks like is superimposed in everything and I have to manually change this in each map, layout, etc.

I'm using a template that was created for a US dataset and want to use it now for an Irish dataset. The reason why I created this template is for me and my team to always have access to the same Layouts, toolboxes, notebooks, Maps (which are actually empty but they all have an specific name), geodatabases (also empty but always with the same name per project, so everyone can save there the corresponding data) and symbology also. 

To me this is not working as expected as I said, I have to change manually the coordinates. Also, when I create a new model all the outputs have the original template coordinate system giving errors when I don't use features plotted for other coordinates system (e.g my model is giving an output to be located in the US when the input is in Ireland, therefore nothing gets showed in the map)

Is there a way this can be customized to make the template more generic?  Or is there any other tool we can use for this? Before we were just copy pasting and empty project (no data) with all the corresponding set up, but this looks like it brought errors on the version of creation vs the version we have in our computer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From the Project backstage, under Options, Map and Scene, Spatial Reference

is it set to "Use spatial reference of first operational layer"

or did you preset it to your locale?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
aric5
by
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

It is set to "Use spatial reference of first operational layer" indeed, in the new project created from the template as well as in the project that became a template.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

the only other thing I can think of is that 'history' hasn't been excluded from the template

Create a project template—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

step 8

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos