Is it possible to select multiple edges while editing topology (using reshape tool)?

12-19-2018 06:02 PM
TravisNaibert
New Contributor II

In ArcMap, it is possible to select multiple shared polygon edges with the Topology Edit Tool by holding SHIFT and clicking multiple edges. This is especially useful when editing the edge of a polygon that shared edges with two other polygons. In ArcGIS Pro, it only seems possible to select a single shared edge before using the Reshape tool (or other tools, e.g. Vertices). I tried holding SHIFT, and it does not work the same as in ArcMap. Is there a different method for selecting multiple topology edges while editing?

Additionally, is it possible to select a topology edge and have it stay selected after using an editing tool? If I want to reshape the edge and then reshape another part of the same edge, currently I have to reselect the edge each time I want to reshape it, but maybe there is a way to keep it selected between editing actions. Any help with that? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Travis,

Is it possible to provide a screenshot of the data you are working with?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
TravisNaibert
New Contributor II

I can't seem to get images to attach here. Basically I have polygons of geologic units that are all touching (with no overlap), and I want to be able to move shared polygon boundaries, but where three polygons come together the shared edge is split at the triple-junction. In ArcMap I could select shared edges on both sides of a three way junction by holding SHIFT, then I could use the reshape tool to reshape the edge of a polygon across the triple-junction (which ArcMap would automatically move, usually in a satisfactory way). In Pro, there is no Topology Edit selection tool, the Reshape tool first selects with a click and then right away starts reshaping, but doesn't let the user further select adjoining shared edges.

I will keep trying to attach a screen shot. Thanks.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Travis,

Shift isn't implemented yet with the edge selection tool but you can select multiple edges by holding left click and tracing over the edges with the select tool.

"insert video" doesn't seem to be working either so here's a link: Reshape Edge by Trace

TravisNaibert
New Contributor II

Thank you Sean, that is exactly what I was looking to do and the video was very clear.

0 Kudos