'Is Closed 3D' tool seems inconsistent

Jump to solution
08-11-2022 04:03 AM
SamanthaGoodchild-Brown
New Contributor III

I'm using ArcPRO3 and have been using PRO since 2.0. I have many multipatches that have been captured photogrammetrically. I have been sorting them based on 'is closed 3d' and where closed, I have been loading onto our SDE after a legal boundary confirmation. I recently noticed a few duplicate records on the SDE that got passed me and so copied the feature class onto my local drive to repair and replace (over 202k records in total so easier to manage). In doing so I also noticed a few attributes that I'd missed (presumably missed - because I thought I'd fixed them already) and so I reran 'is closed 3d' as part of the attribute updates... I'm trying to understand why I now have over 14 thousand multipatches that are not closing. I swear the distribution of these does not match my loading order in any way. Also, our SDE naming scheme doesn't allow me to keep the tool generated values in the same field, I have to copy to another field. This is why I know that the 'is closed' results have changed and I'm not actually going mad. I observed that the records didn't always match between the two  - some changed from yes to no even though I did no editing of the geometries. Can anyone shed some light on why I am getting different results and how I could better control the output?  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamanthaGoodchild-Brown
New Contributor III

Update to say 'is closed' is working correctly in arcmap 10.7 but not in arcPRO 3. Going to log a call about it. I get 309 'no' results in the one and over 14k in the other. Same dataset.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SamanthaGoodchild-Brown
New Contributor III

Update to say 'is closed' is working correctly in arcmap 10.7 but not in arcPRO 3. Going to log a call about it. I get 309 'no' results in the one and over 14k in the other. Same dataset.

0 Kudos