Select to view content in your preferred language

Inset Map with Automatic Extent Movement in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2

07-17-2024 03:56 AM
Labels (3)
MajesticDouglas
Emerging Contributor

Hello ESRI Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 and I am looking for assistance with creating an inset map that automatically updates its extents as the main map is being panned. Specifically, I would like the inset map to dynamically reflect the changes in the main map's view.

Has this feature been incorporated into ArcGIS Pro? If so, could you please guide how to set it up? Any tips or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Eugene_Adkins
Frequent Contributor

*I should have included that you will first need to insert a new map frame before an inset map can be linked. After that, the instructions below will make more sense.

Right click on the inset map frame from the contents pane, then chose "Properties." From the elements pane click the "Display Options" icon, and from there you can choose your "Constraint" option. Options that include the word "linked" (though each perform a different linked functionality) will accomplish what you need. "Linked map frame center" or "Linked map frame center and scale" will most likely be your preferred options.

Eugene_Adkins_0-1721306477542.png

0 Kudos