Incorrect data type through WFS connection

01-13-2021 06:12 PM
JoelMcKechnie
New Contributor III

I have an authenticated WFS connection to BOM data, which appears fine in the catalog until you add a layer to the map. It should be registering as a feature class (points) but the data type is only a stand-alone table. All the features and attributes are there, but no geometry. I've tried the different WFS versions when setting up the connection.

Repeating the exact same connection process works on a colleagues machine with ArcGIS Pro 2.5. I'm using 2.7, is that the problem?

Can anyone recommend troubleshooting ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem, and it seems to be a problem with ArcGIS PRO 2.7. I'm using 2.7.1. I also have another machine with 2.6.3 and the WFS displays without any problems there. If I bring the project to ArcGIS PRO 2.7 the WFS is not shown in the map. If I try to add it, only can get a stand-alone table. It does not happen with all WFS though, only some of them.

Is there any solution for this problem?.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
IngeBonestroo
New Contributor

I have the same problem indeed! WFS that worked on my old laptop with 2.6 don't work on my new one with 2.7.1 anymore. I only get standalone tables. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

New patch 2.7.2 didn't fix the problem. Still when using a WFS in ArcGIS PRO only a standalone table is shown, not geometry.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would reach out to Esri Technical Support on this issue to have them investigate.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

There was a bug reported for this: https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/BUG-000136536

Fixed for version 2.8., not fix for 2.7 as told by support.

ErikKjellman
New Contributor III

I have the same issue with ArcGIS Pro 2.6 and 2.7.2

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

It looks like this may already be a logged defect; BUG-000136536: In ArcGIS Pro 2.7, adding a WFS layer to a map displ.. (esri.com)

It is showing to be fixed at ArcGIS Pro 2.8, which should be released in the future.

--- George T.
AnjaKrzepek
New Contributor

We have the same issue with ArcGIS pro 3.0 - is that possible even though the bug was fixed for 2.8 (onwards?)?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I would recommend contacting Technical Support to investigate.

--- George T.
0 Kudos