Select to view content in your preferred language

Incorrect colour in exported map when editing symbology min/max values for stretch type

Jump to solution
11-07-2023 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
Janus
by
New Contributor II

Hi. The map I am trying to export features two digital surface model (DSM) tiles (in .adf format). Unfortunately, the images do not render properly (to match my ArcGIS view when exported). Here are my steps:

1. To make the map clear, I edited the symbology of the tiles to a "stretch" minimum maximum type. When I export, there are no issues; my JPG output matches (Image 1) what I see in the ArcGIS Pro scene. 

10f2905c-fcdc-4205-bacb-b71ceef1c4d5.jpg

2. Since the minimum and maximums differ between the two tiles, however, I set the second tile to match the minimum and maximums of the first tile by checking the "edit min/max values" box of the symbology tab. This achieves the desired results in the ArcGIS Pro scene (Image 2).

3_ArcGIS view.JPG

3. When I export at this final stage, however, the tile with the min/max values edited renders without any colour gradient. (Image 3). Interestingly, this result matches the ARCGIS scene if I were to select "none" as the stretch type in symbology, but I'm not sure how to fix this error.

2_min-max edited.jpg

Any suggestions on how to get my export to match my ArcGIS viewport? The issue seems only to occur with "stretch" as the symbology setting; classify, shaded relief, etc. work fine but this is not the visual representation I would like.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Janus
by
New Contributor II

I found a solution to the issue in this post: Setting min and max values across different rasters in Pro. Essentially, save the first tile with the correct symbology as a layer file .lyx and import that into the symbology for the remaining tiles. I'm not sure why this works, but it did.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Oh that's not good! Can you tell me what version of Pro you are using? Some export bugs were fixed in later versions. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
Janus
by
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0. I just installed it this week.

0 Kudos
Janus
by
New Contributor II

I just updated to the current version 3.2.0, but still the same issue with exporting.

0 Kudos
Janus
by
New Contributor II

I found a solution to the issue in this post: Setting min and max values across different rasters in Pro. Essentially, save the first tile with the correct symbology as a layer file .lyx and import that into the symbology for the remaining tiles. I'm not sure why this works, but it did.

0 Kudos