In Layout view points are shifted

Jump to solution
10-09-2021 08:20 AM
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have made a map from CSV file (Station; Latitude; Longitude; Salinity) in ArcGIS Pro which is used in Layout view (as Map Frame). Also in Layout view I have rotated the map by 36 degrees. The coordinate points in Map view are different from the map in Layout view. How to fix this?

In Map View -> Contents
Every item has the same spatial reference - WGS 1984.

I added pictures from Map View and Layout view. Red arrow indicates the shift of the same station.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fred7
by
New Contributor III

I actually found out what was causing the problem (point location change with zooming in or out) - when formatting the Point Symbol - the default marker contains two markers ~ one is white dot and the other is blue upside-down water drop. I disabled the drop and used only the dot. But the "dot" marks the upper part of the "drop" so when zooming ... the marker icon stays the same size and moves the upper dot to another location.

Quite strange "default" settings - having two markers for one point. But I guess it must be somehow connected with defining point label location.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share a sample CSV for us to test?

I hope even the map (Content > Map > Properties > Coordinate System) also has the same coordinate system as the layers.

Think Location
0 Kudos
fred7
by
New Contributor III

I actually found out what was causing the problem (point location change with zooming in or out) - when formatting the Point Symbol - the default marker contains two markers ~ one is white dot and the other is blue upside-down water drop. I disabled the drop and used only the dot. But the "dot" marks the upper part of the "drop" so when zooming ... the marker icon stays the same size and moves the upper dot to another location.

Quite strange "default" settings - having two markers for one point. But I guess it must be somehow connected with defining point label location.

0 Kudos