Importing pictures form ArcMap to Pro

11-06-2020 07:58 AM
KeithAddison2
New Contributor II

I have an mxd with a bunch of pictures in that were inserted via insert->picture.  Is there any way I can import them into ArcGIS Pro?  The convert to graphics option only seems to only pick up items that were made using the drawing toolbar, it doesn't seem to touch items made using insert->picture.  So that option is out unless I'm missing something.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LukasFalk
Esri Contributor

Hello Keith, 

I may be over simplifying your inquiry but couldn't you go to the image in the MXD, right click >  Properties, make note of the source path.  Then open Pro and in an active layout go to the Insert tab > Graphics and Text group > and click the Picture icon.  Then when the Insert Picture pane appears enter that source path you collected before and add the image that way?  

Like I said I may be over simplifying your inquiry and if so, please clarify further on what exactly your looking to do. 

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
KeithAddison2
New Contributor II

I could however I have several hundred of these to copy and paste so am trying to find a faster method.  Pro also doesn't seem to allow me to insert picture into the map, which is where I need them.

0 Kudos