Imagery Layer Not Loading to Map

10-18-2021 11:29 AM
TylerTownes
New Contributor III

Hello,

ArcGIS Pro is showing I have both Imagery and Imagery Hybrid basemaps.

basemap_layers.JPG

However, when I click to load, nothing loads into my map.

contents1.JPG

Similarly with the the Imagery Hybrid, except the hybrid reference layer loads, but not the imagery.

contents2.JPG

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Tyler

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried the following options.

1. Reboot your machine. Open a new ArcGIS Pro instance. Try adding the imagery basemap again.

2. Reset ArcGIS Pro Application Profile. Resetting your ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) application... - Esri Community

3. Download a fresh installation setup of ArcGIS Pro (from My Esri) > Repair/Upgrade ArcGIS Pro using the setup.

Think Location
0 Kudos
TylerTownes
New Contributor III

@JayantaPoddar, now that you've mentioned it I've completed your suggestions 1 and 2 with no luck.  IT will be helping me with #3 soon.  Have you (or anybody) heard of this issue before?

Thank you,

Tyler 

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3

0 Kudos
TylerTownes
New Contributor III

@JayantaPoddar; Ok, tried all three suggestions...no dice.  Additionally, I tested all basemaps and found four are not working:

Imagery,

Imagery Hybrid,

Oceans,

USA Topo Maps

If the basemap has a text reference layer, the reference layer will display, but the imagery will not, as seen in the following image:

oceans.JPG

Here is a shot of the Streets basemap which is working correctly (same project file).

street.JPG

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tyler 

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hope you have already raised a case with Esri Support.

Under C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\mapping , I see a file _basemap_definitions.py

I have zipped and attached the file from my folder. Please verify if the file in your system is exactly same (Open in IDLE). If not, you may try replacing the file.

JayantaPoddar_0-1635364471064.png

Think Location
0 Kudos