Imagery Create Workspace not recognizing raw (DNG) image format on import

03-16-2022 02:24 PM
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

I collected imagery with a Mavic 2 Pro drone in "raw", and when I downloaded the imagery it was in the file format "DNG".

I opened ArcPRo and clicked on the Imagery tab and created a new workspace, then I clicked Add and it would not recognize my photos in the folder.

How can I get the images to show up in ArcPro so I can stitch them together using the Adjust and Orthomosaic tools?

As a side note, at my last job I flew a DJI phantom 4 drone and collected the imagery and ArcPro was able to recognize the photos  but I think that they might have come through as tiff images.

I would appreciate any advice, as this is my first project at my new job.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This format? Digital Negative - Wikipedia

any other export/download formats available?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes that is the format. 

The drone had the option of jpeg or raw. 

The first flight I did was jpeg and ArcPro didn't recognize the photos. Then I flew it again in RAW and the raw downloaded as DNG, and ArcPro didn't recognize those photos either.

I opened someone elses jpeg drone photos in ArcPro, so I am wondering if it is something to do with this Mavic Pro 2 drone.

I saw the details in the photo properties for the DNG, including the xy coordinates and the elevation data so it is still possible to use it, it just isn't seeing it in pro.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully someone with that drone will jump in, but since it is based on tiff format, have you tried renaming the file extension to *.tif  or *.raw to see if it loads?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

I just tried renaming the fiel but it didn't work.

I attached a document  and the top row shows the properties of a photo that ArcPro recognized, and the second row shows the properties of the photo that ArcPro didn't recognize.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

if it is a jpeg

Export or convert raster datasets—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

it should be convertable, but I suspect it is just an image/picture just see if you can add it to an empty map

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

I flew it twice, once in jpeg and the second time in "raw" which created the DNG images.

I tried dragging and dropping the images into the project, and adding them through the add data button, and also tried added them through create workspace, add imagery. But it won't recognize the files to add them.

0 Kudos