Hyperlinks in Pro

10-06-2017 06:10 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

How do I access hyperlinks in pro that are linked to our shared drives. for example  "V:\folder name\file name"  In desktop when I identify a feature with the identify tool there is the hyperlink bolt next to the file name that doesn't seem to be the case in pro. do I need to turn something on in pro?

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You should be able to configure this in the popup: Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If the documentation doesn't help, we'll need more details to see if we can help get it set up.  

Also of note is that clicking with the Explore tool in Pro will give you a popup which is what is discussed in the link to documentation above.  This isn't the same as the Identify tool in ArcMap, but I think should work to give you the link to a file that you need. 

Hope this helps!

ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Kory

Thanks. I found the document after i posted my question. Thanks though for the response. I guess my next question is: it opens our pdf's in a web browser I want it to open in adobe acrobat is that possible? Plus it is kind of annoying that they have to scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up to find an icon that they have to click on to get record drawing. Also is there a way to upload an image for the icon. it is kind of ugly just a black x with a box around it. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

ENH-000107706: Allow ArcGIS Pro to use the default file handler when clicking hyperlinks to files is an enhancement request that is in the product plan.  I don't know for sure at what release we'll see it, but the team will be working on it.

Hope this helps.

dsmith5009
New Contributor

What if we have an html in our dbf table that we'd like to use as a hyperlink? How do we enable that?

0 Kudos