Select to view content in your preferred language

How to remove GP History

06-08-2018 12:07 PM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

As a follow up to https://community.esri.com/message/707351-re-arcgis-pro-is-unusable-with-large-sde-geodatabases?comm... , I'm not finding any tool or python in Pro that allows one to remove geoprocessing history? Is, or will, this be possible with Pro?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Brownschuh
Frequent Contributor

Mark Johnson wrote:

I'm a little confused on the SetLogHistory option, I like to be able to refer back to my history in Desktop/Pro, I just don't want it attached to my data.

I agree, I am also confused about the SetLogHistory option; is there just a way to turn it off completely against an enterprise GDB?

I've cleared Geoprocessing history using the GUI tools referenced in this link ... it was successful in assisting with some performance issues we were experiencing.  But turning it off completely; how is that performed exactly?

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark JohnsonScott Evans‌ 

In ArcGIS Pro you can go to options and turn off logging to the dataset metadata and to external XML files. These are both independing of Geoprocessing History in your Pro project. 

Geoprocessing options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Now every tool you run across all sessions and all projects under your user account on the machine will not save extra metadata to the datasets nor create XMLs in your user profile directory.