Select to view content in your preferred language

How to export a symbology gradient raster for AGOL map

4 weeks ago
Labels (1)
mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have some work from a colleague that I need to export and place into an AGOL map, and I'm not really familiar with raster files etc. So any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated 🙂 

I have this layer called 'feedTreegt05prob' in Arcpro and I am trying to extract it so I can add it to an AGOL map that will be used for viewing in a storymap.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 130431.png

I have tried right mouse clicking the file>data>export raster but I get errors no matter what details I enter, or the actual file (if grid as an ADF file) won't load in an AGOL map. 

Screenshot 2024-09-26 132411.png

I have also tried Raster to other format, and other geoprocessing tools, but again I get errors.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 131723.png

In the end I need the layer, as shown in arcpro, to be visually the same in AGOL map (as seen below). 

Screenshot 2024-09-26 132901.png

Is there something else I should be doing, or something I'm missing? Any help or guidance to a different option to get this file into AGOL would be amazing and greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
matt.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Justin_CLT
Occasional Contributor

If your goal is to use the raster layer in AGOL, is there a reason you want to export the raster to a file instead of share it as a web layer (which would add it to your AGOL content)?

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

Well I definitely want it to be part of my AGOL content as a web layer, however the original raster file sits in a geodatabase so I wasn't sure if I had to extract it from the ArcPro session first, creating a new raster, or as a different file type, or I could just move it from GDB straight to AGOL. Does that make sense? 

I haven't had to do this before so was a little confused on what the best process was haha

0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC
Frequent Contributor

Create a Map Tile Package (tpkx) and upload that to AGOL.

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

Thanks MicZatorsky, I will try that process and see if it works for what I'm needing 🙂

0 Kudos
mtuffy
by
Emerging Contributor

I did find this website which seems to have provided some support and brought the layer i needed into agol - Publish a Tiled Service to ArcGIS Online w/o ArcGI... - Esri Community

Do people think this is the most accurate way to do it?

0 Kudos