How do you release a schema lock to update a domain field when a service is published? Error 000464

Jump to solution
10-01-2019 09:37 AM
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

I have a service published to our Portal.  I stopped the service and still unable to tweak one character in a domain.  I have also tried right clicking on the geodatabase, going to properties, connections, removing connections, though no avail.  Direction??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

George, 

I was able to get it to work by right clicking on the database through the catalog page and going to domains.  For some reason having those features from that dbo owner connect in a map, I received that error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you see if there are any locks on the underlying tables?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geodatabases/manage-sql-server/manage-geodatabase-locks....

How are you connecting to the EGDB? As the data owner or the Enterprise Geodatabase Admin?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geodatabases/manage-sql-server/privileges-sqlserver.htm

The geodatabase administrator (the sde user) in an sde-schema geodatabase must be added to the processadmin fixed server role and granted VIEW DEFINITION privileges on the database to drop geodatabase connections. The Create Enterprise Geodatabase geoprocessing tool grants this role and privilege to the sde user. You can revoke this privilege and remove the user from the processadmin role after geodatabase creation but, if you do, the sde user will not be able to disconnect users from the geodatabase.

Geodatabase

--- George T.
0 Kudos
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

I believe as the data owner. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok, just saw the screenshot sorry about the other message.

I think that you would have to be connected as DBO (SYSADMIN or Db_Owner) in your case.

You also need to look at the locks tab and try to see what is locked and how it is locked (exclusive/schema/etc.)

--- George T.
0 Kudos
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

George, 

I was able to get it to work by right clicking on the database through the catalog page and going to domains.  For some reason having those features from that dbo owner connect in a map, I received that error.

0 Kudos