How do I order elements in Layout?

12-30-2017 08:16 AM
JoshFlad
New Contributor

What happened to the Order tools from ArcMap? ArcPro appears to only have Align tools. For example, how do I move a framing rectangle behind text? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, you could also change the order of Elements from Contents (Drawing order > Map Layout) pane.

Please check the solution in Changing layout element order in ArcGIS Pro? - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange 

Think Location
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Contents pane...

That information is also cited in the Note on that help page should you forget.

Note:

In addition to maps and scenes, other project item views use the Contents pane to list the elements found in that view. For example, when a layout is the active view, the Contents pane has entries for the items on the layout page.

JoshFlad
New Contributor

Thanks for the help. I’m still getting used to everything.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Josh!  Ordering the layout elements through the contents pane should be pretty easy.  But if you're still finding this to be an issue where you'd like to see the 'send to back' etc type of functionality, you could always go to the ArcGIS Ideas site, vote and provide your comments https://community.esri.com/ideas/11349

As you start to work more in Pro, the Ideas site can be another resource to search if you feel you're missing something.  Users have been posting ArcMap/Pro equivalency issues there as Ideas, so we're using that site to track demand and help prioritize development work for Pro.

Hope this helps!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Sorry, I know this is an older post, but I wondered if anyone knew how to reorder elements on a layout using python (as opposed to using the GUI)?

cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos