How are my GPU resources exceeded?

03-15-2021 12:58 PM
Labels (3)
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to load a large multipatch into ArcGIS Pro.  It was converted from a dwg that represents a ground surface with approx 230k faces.  ArcGIS Pro will not draw the entire thing and shows an error about GPU resources exceeded, however looking at task manager this does not appear to be the case.  Can someone from Esri please explain how this is calculated, and what we can do about it?

MarcGraham2_0-1615838122048.png

This confirms it is using the dedicated AMD graphics not the Intel chip:

MarcGraham2_1-1615838247324.png

Cheers,

Marc

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

OK glad clearing the cache fixed the problem with the excessive drawing popup.

Your machine should be more than capable of running Voxel layers, so I'm at a loss at what could be wrong there. 

One thing to check is that you're using DirectX in display options - early releases that supported Voxel layerse didn't work with OpenGL - the Scene Layers team has fixed that in 2.7.  Additionally the upcoming 2.8 release has some fixes for layout display of Voxel layers, and some were back-ported to 2.7.2, so make sure you're on the latest release to pick up these changes.

0 Kudos
FrederikkeHansen
New Contributor II

Looks like I'm on version 2.7.1, so maybe that's part of the issue. I don't know whether my university will update the software anytime soon. Still, seems strange that I can at least see part of my data on my laptop, and not on my desktop.

Anyway, thanks for your time 🙂

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

If you continue to have issues, might be good to get in touch with Esri support so they can more interactively troubleshoot.