hillshade function as processing template when adding rasters to a mosaic in Arc Pro

06-12-2020 05:02 AM
BerritBredemeier1
New Contributor II

I have a workflow in Arc desktop 10.6 where I add #bathymetry raster source mosaics of different cell sizes to a master mosaic as type table and apply a hillshade function at the same time. (This is the only way I found to prevent Arc from outputting hillshade pixels which are in themselves shaded, which we do not want.) This works fine, except that arc desktop by design outputs hillshade rasters slightly smaller than the bathymetry, leading to gaps between the tiles.
I now wanted to make use of the fact that in arc pro the edges for a hillshade raster can be calculated. But if I try to add a hillshade function as a processing template in the same way I do in Arc Desktop, I only get the error message "Error: 8004205f: No new mosaic dataset item was added."
I though this had worked earlier (before the software update??) but am not quite sure any longer. Does anyone have experience with performing these kind of tasks?
Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies