Help: Legend color ramp does not match layer color ramp

Jump to solution
03-13-2019 04:54 PM
VitalyGolubev
New Contributor II

Hi.

I can't fix the following issue in AcrGIS Pro (v.2.2.4 😞

I have a continuous color ramp for map's elevation, and when I create a Layout with a legend, the legend's color ramp doesn't match the elevation layer. Particularly, the minimum value occupies ~20% of the legend.

Please see attached below. This error is persistent in different project and with different colors.

Anyone came across this issue and found a solution?

Can you recreate it in your project?

Thanks

Vitaly

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

The decimal issue looks like it occurs in the Contents pane as well as the legend. The legend pulls the label text from Contents. This is something that the Map Authoring team should evaluate.

Tom

0 Kudos
VitalyGolubev
New Contributor II

Because this is an ongoing issue with the color ramp in ArcGIS Pro without a proposed workaround by ESRI, I decided to leave below what worked for me in order to fix the colors.

1) Export the map with the color ramp bug to a PDF file;

2) Import the PDF to Inkscape (it's free software);

3) Ungroup the map, and find the legend among all the objects via object panel, and then find the color ramp within the legend object; Make all other objects invisible - just leave the color ramp;

4) Create a new rectangle over the color ramp of the size that you think the color ramp should be, and crop the color ramp (by selecting both the new rectangle and color ramp, and go to menu Object>Clip>Set);

5) The color ramp should change to the shape of the new rectangle. Then select the color ramp and go to File>document properties, and in section Custom size click "Resize page to drawing or selection";

6) Save as a copy> open Select as a type and choose Optimized SVG (there are some settings to play with);

7) Go back to ArcGIS Pro project, go to the layout, and insert the svg file as a picture;

😎 Move the picture to where the legend is and overlay it over the old color ramp, then stretch the image to occupy the same height as the original color ramp (to turn off the Ratio preservation, go to picture's Format)

9) Done!

Hopefully this might be helpful to those who have the same color issues while we're waiting for the official fix.

Vitaly

After all these steps, I got the following: