heat map animation

04-10-2019 02:03 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

What I want to do seems fairly straightforward.  I have a dataset with 11 months of data.  I want to display each month as a heat map and then run through them to show the shifting of hot spot locations.  I created a keyframe for each month but when I press Play, nothing displays except at the end, the last frame.  I've played with timing, holds but nothing seems to work.  I thought maybe it was taking too long to draw so I moved everything local, that didn't help.  I created .tifs thinking that might help but that didn't work either.  I also tried creating an animation from the time slider but I cannot get the symbology to look the same.  Anyone have any suggestions?  thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Denise-  did you ever get anywhere with this?  I compiled 3 years worth of crime data into one point feature class, where the identifying field is 'year'.  Using a definition query, I display the first year and add a key frame; I then repeat that process for the other two years.  After fiddling with it for a while, the best I get in the playback is 30 seconds of the same year (year 1).  As you mention it seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

I did not. I ended up making a PowerPoint slide show! Not the best solution but at least it did what I wanted! Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I had the same thought, and I've got a tech support case open. If/when I get it figured out, I'll post the solution.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Joe, Just encountered a similar issue when animating the "Heat Map" symbology . Was ESRI tech able to provide you with a solution? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What I wanted to do, ArcGIS Pro cannot.  Seems odd, but that's what I was told.

0 Kudos