Select to view content in your preferred language

Graphic Tab not displaying when in Layout View with active Map Frame

Jump to solution
07-18-2024 12:50 PM
dribrats
New Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and I'm running into an inconsistent issue about 50% of the time. When I activate a Map Frame from within a Layout view, I don't have access to the 'Graphic' tab, so I can't manipulate the graphics in the map. The 'Graphic' tab just won't display when I'm in a layout view with active map frame. I can do everything else you would expect to be able to do within that map frame, like pan and zoom the map, but the 'Graphic' tab just doesn't display. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dribrats
New Contributor

Well, I think I've determined that this is a bug and should be reported as such. Apparently this issue only arises when the map was imported from an MXD (ArcMap document). A quick fix to the issue is to add a new graphics layer to the map. This will prompt ArcGIS Pro to display the 'Graphics' tab. Then you can delete the new empty graphics layer and the 'Graphics' tab will resume functioning as it should. It's as if ArcGIS Pro doesn't detect that a graphics layer exists in an imported map until a new graphics layer is added to that map. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dribrats
New Contributor

Well, I think I've determined that this is a bug and should be reported as such. Apparently this issue only arises when the map was imported from an MXD (ArcMap document). A quick fix to the issue is to add a new graphics layer to the map. This will prompt ArcGIS Pro to display the 'Graphics' tab. Then you can delete the new empty graphics layer and the 'Graphics' tab will resume functioning as it should. It's as if ArcGIS Pro doesn't detect that a graphics layer exists in an imported map until a new graphics layer is added to that map. Problem solved.