Get specific data for a created polygon

Jump to solution
05-28-2019 12:06 AM
Fleurde_Haan
New Contributor

Hi!

For my master thesis I'm working with ArcGIS pro 2.1.0 now. I've divided a city into 7 different polygons to be able to get specific data for each of the polygons. One of ?the things I want to derive is per polygon an overview of for instance the number or percentage of houses with an energylabel A++, A+, and so on. I tried to use the tool spatial join, but for some reason it fails. I've tried it with several different output fields, match options, etc. Could it be because the Energielabel_Groningen data is not specifically divided into different labes (i.e. you can't turn a specific label on or off). Or is there maybe another way to get this data?

I hope someone can help me:)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

spatial joins usually fail, when the files are not in the same coordinate system.

Having them look like they overlap onscreen doesn't matter because of projection on the fly.

Make sure they are in the same system.  Use the Project Tool in Arctoolbox to do this.

I also notice that you are trying to do a one-to-one join, but there are many little areas in the big ones...maybe you have the join reversed, or maybe you want a ...

Tabulate Intersection—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

spatial joins usually fail, when the files are not in the same coordinate system.

Having them look like they overlap onscreen doesn't matter because of projection on the fly.

Make sure they are in the same system.  Use the Project Tool in Arctoolbox to do this.

I also notice that you are trying to do a one-to-one join, but there are many little areas in the big ones...maybe you have the join reversed, or maybe you want a ...

Tabulate Intersection—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Fleurde_Haan
New Contributor

Thank you! 

I've used the tabulate intersection tool:)

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Glad it worked out

0 Kudos