Select to view content in your preferred language

Georeferencing: Transformations not having any effect on image

07-28-2017 03:52 AM
DataOfficer
Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to georeference a JPEG image in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 by manually entering known X and Y coordinates shown on the image (Eastings and Northings in the British National Grid coordinate system). 

I have now added 8 control points by choosing 'Add Control Points', clicking on the source layer (i.e. the image I want to georeference), right-clicking on the control point and entering the X and Y values. For some reason, these changes are not having any effect as the image isn't being updated with each point. Rather, I can see lines drawn from each control point on the source image to the location on the target layer (screenshot below). 

AutoApply is enabled, and I have tried manually updating the image by hitting 'Save' but the image isn't moving. Confusingly, some of the control points are not connected through lines on the map (see blue-coloured points at the bottom left of the image), although they are showing up in the Control Point Table.

I have georeferenced images before in ArcMap and have never had any issues so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Have they made any changes in Pro that I'm not aware of? Have I made any glaringly obvious errors? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
0 Replies