Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoAI

05-27-2024 12:35 AM
AshrafAyman6
New Contributor II

Hi esri team, Is possible to use deep learning or classification models using GeoAI to detect the condition of buildings and detect unreinforced masonry buildings (URMs)(types of roofs, potential construction violations, zoning issues, etc.).

In other words, Can I classify the building between which had built from 1945 for examples and which had build recently

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Ashraf,

Yeah I'd say that should be possible! As with anything GIS related there are probably tens of ways to get the desired output with it depending heavily on what data you have available.

Personally I find the following blog a great starting point for getting setup with Deep Learning within ArcGIS Pro.

The Living Atlas has a few models that might help, such as this one for Building Footprint extraction or Segment Anything Model (SAM).

For measuring damage or zoning violations things may get more complex and require some examples of large training datasets. You may need to create these yourself so the following lesson shows how this can be done for Palm Tree health, and can be repurposed for most use cases.

Hope that helps!

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst