Select to view content in your preferred language

GA Layer to Rasters ERROR 999998

05-21-2024 02:24 AM
LorraineLao
Emerging Contributor

I have been getting errors trying to execute GA Layer to Rasters. I've done this multiple times before for this same project with no problems. I even tried redoing it with a GA Layer that I had already successfully converted to raster in the past, but this time I am getting the same errors. I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0. Also, I don't know if it's relevant to the error but my school's license is about to expire in 2 days. I tried using GA Layers to Grid instead, but still getting the same error. I've also tried updating the software, clearing the cache, changing the maximum number of unique values to display to 100,000, and performing a clean boot of my laptop. Would appreciate any help!

At first, the error shown was: 

ERROR 999998: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Failed to execute (GALayerToRasters).

After performing a clean boot, the errors are the same but with additional "DEBUG" messages.

DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPFunctionTool::Execute
DEBUG: GPEventTiming GPFunctionTool::Execute after ValidateValues (elapsed time 0.571000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming GPFunctionTool::Execute before function execute (elapsed time 0.572000)
ERROR 999998: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
DEBUG: GPEventTiming GPFunctionTool::Execute after function execute (elapsed time 2.408000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPFunctionTool::Execute (elapsed time 2.409000)
Failed at Tuesday, May 21, 2024 5:07:20 PM (Elapsed Time: 2.41 seconds)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming ProcessExecution Execution time 2.412000
DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::TestForReconnectingOutputLayers for GALayerToRasters_ga
DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index 0
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index 0 (elapsed time 0.000000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming START: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index -10
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPUtilities::CleanUpDataLayers index -10 (elapsed time 0.000000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming END: GPUtilities::TestForReconnectingOutputLayers for GALayerToRasters_ga (elapsed time 0.169000)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming ProcessExecution ProcessOutputs time (part of PostExecution time) 0.000000
Failed at Tuesday, May 21, 2024 5:07:21 PM (Elapsed Time: 4.15 seconds)
DEBUG: GPEventTiming ProcessExecution PostExecution time 0.192000
DEBUG: GPEventTiming ProcessExecution TotalExecution time 4.151000

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting with the DEBUG error messages.  Since you've recently updated to ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and were not seeing this error message before, I wonder if applying a soft reset of ArcGIS Pro would resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
LorraineLao
Emerging Contributor

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue, but thank you for the suggestion

0 Kudos
LorraineLao
Emerging Contributor

I found a workaround by saving the GA layers as a layer file, opening them in a new project, and performing GALayerToRasters there. Guess my old project file was too big or something