Format Legend Title font?

Jump to solution
11-10-2020 05:45 AM
DavidChan2
New Contributor II

In Pro (currently using 2.6), is there a way to adjust only the font of the legend title (usually "Legend")? You can change the text symbol for everything within the legend, and usually the word "Legend" is a different size from the rest of the contents, but I cannot find a way to change just the title. Any ideas? Evidently, you also can't selectively alter any of the other legend items (Group layer name, Layer name, Headings, Label (or layer name), Descriptions)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Yes you can change the font of the legend title. Edit the properties of the legend so you are on the panel below, then from the drop-down arrow select Title, from here you can change the font/size/colour etc.

DuncanHornby_0-1605185541017.png

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Yes you can change the font of the legend title. Edit the properties of the legend so you are on the panel below, then from the drop-down arrow select Title, from here you can change the font/size/colour etc.

DuncanHornby_0-1605185541017.png

Tags (2)
DavidChan2
New Contributor II

Thanks! Can't believe I missed that arrow

0 Kudos
EdSwakon
New Contributor II

I have a slightly different but related issue. I have used the method above presented by Duncan to set the title font size to 20 pts. in all of my layouts (there were 4 different layouts), I'm creating from my map content. However, when those 4 layouts are exported to PDF (all 8.5 x 11-page sheets) the size of the word "Legend" is not the same in each PDF. I don't understand why. I need to create consistent-looking exhibits each time. What am I missing?

0 Kudos