Fixed scale in NDVI

Jump to solution
02-06-2023 05:07 AM
Labels (1)
juan_manuelsoares_de_lima1
New Contributor

In english...

Hi, I am monitoring the drought through the green index, comparing images every 15 days (more or less, depending on the availability of images). The problem is that I don't know how to generate a fixed color scale, since as the drought progresses, the NDVI values ​​change and therefore the palette "adapts" to the new range. That is, if on a date the values ​​ranged from -0.3 to 0.6, my greenest or bluest colors (depending on the palette) will be around that 0.6. If, as the drought progresses, the values ​​now oscillate between -0.5 and 0.3, now the green or blue scales will move towards that maximum, which is now 0.3. Ultimately, the map looks similar and I don't get that drop in values ​​across the scene. How is the procedure to represent the green index of an area over time, on a scale of fixed values ​​and that reflects the reduction in the levels of photosynthetically active vegetation? Thank you so much

En español...

Buenas, estoy haciendo un monitoreo de la sequía a través del índice verde, comparando imágenes cada 15 días (más o menos, en función de la disponibilidad de imágenes). El problema es que no sé como hacer para generar una escala de colores fija, ya que en la medida que la sequía avanza, los valores de NDVI cambian y por lo tanto la paleta se "adapta" al nuevo rango. Es decir, si en una fecha los valores iban desde -0.3 a 0.6 mis colores más verdes o azules (según la paleta) estarán alrededor de ese 0.6. Si al avanzar la sequía los valores ahora oscilan entre -0.5 y 0.3 ahora las escalas de verdes o azules se moverán hacia ese máximo que ahora es 0.3. En definitiva, el mapa se ve similar y no me capta esa reducción en los valores de toda la escena. ¿Como es el procedimiento para representar el indice verde de una zona al pasar el tiempo, en una escala de valores fijos y que vaya reflejando la reducción en los niveles de vegetación fotosintéticamente activa? Muchas gracias

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

You can use a Minimum Maximum stretch and set custom min & max values.

Luke_Pinner_0-1675739999044.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

You can use a Minimum Maximum stretch and set custom min & max values.

Luke_Pinner_0-1675739999044.png

0 Kudos
juan_manuelsoares_de_lima1
New Contributor

Thank you very much, Luke

Simple, easy and effective solution

0 Kudos