Select to view content in your preferred language

Finding the highest building in a circle

02-07-2018 12:53 AM
HannesBraßel
New Contributor

Hello, my name is Hannes.

I am new to ArcGIS and try to realize a project for my diploma thesis. For this, I use, inter alia, the scene of Hamburg, Germany.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b04e44630e4d4f788b4fec3f2d8c9ace 

I would like to find the highest building in a specific radius (for example 50 meters). However, I can not even select the scene in the analysis tools. And the attribute table is not available as like in the other layers. I use ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1. Do I have to convert the data first, or does it not work with web scene Layer in general? When I click on the building I can see the height of the building. That must be possible for several, or not?

I would like to develop a shortest path problem from a source to a valley for helicopters. For each waypoint, I want to analyze the height of the surrounding buildings and ensure a sufficient safety margin.

I would be grateful for every tip to realize this project.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LR
by
Regular Contributor

AFAIK you can't, but the data should be available for download on the open data portal of Hamburg. Once you have the data you can first select by location using "within a distance" and then an attribute select as a subselect of the current selection.

0 Kudos