Features from feature service layers are not displayed in saved Pro projects since v3.0 upgrade

08-26-2022 09:26 AM
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

Since upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 3.0, features from feature service layers from our organizational map server are not displaying in saved Pro projects. When opening a saved project, the feature service layers are visible in the Contents pane, and the attribute table can be opened normally, but the features are not visible on the map. If the  the feature service layer is removed and re-added to the saved project map, it is still not visible. This occurs with Projects created prior to the v3.0 upgrade and those created after. Feature service layers display fine if opening a blank project.

This is consistent across all those in our organization who have upgraded to v3.0

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas about what could be going on?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

@MollyMoore Just a hunch, but can you try deleting your visualization cache (project->options, go to display tab, click the button to Clear Cache Now, hit OK and see if that fixes the issue with feature services not drawing?

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

what version of ArcGIS Enterprise is your organizational Map Server?  

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

We are currently running ArcGIS Server 10.7.1.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Since the layer shows up in the TOC and works ok when added to a new map I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it might be related to the SR.  What is the spatial reference of the map projects in which this feature service is not displaying?

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

The spatial reference for the map projects and the features service is a custom Albers projection that we use for most of our in-house layers. I just tried to save a map project with a the pre-defined coordinate system to make sure it wasn't the custom projection mucking things up, but that did not solve the issue.

0 Kudos
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

Hi Molly,

Can you try setting the spatial reference of the map in Pro to a few different options (Web Mercator for example) to see if any other spatial references will allow the the layers display?

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I tried a few different standard projections with no luck.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Worth a shot!

I will ping our feature service team lead just to see if he has any other ideas, but I think it would be best if someone from Esri Support were able to troubleshoot more interactively at this point and also attempt to reproduce in house, so our devs can debug what is going wrong.  

Last thing to possibly try might be to export features from the feature service to a local file Geodatabase (right-click on the non-drawing layer, choose Data->Export Features).   

0 Kudos