FDO error: -1 when loading GDB from Sharepoint Site in ArcGIS Pro

575
3
12-14-2020 07:13 AM
Labels (3)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

Kind of an emergency here.  I opened a project to update some mapping for a proposal due today and all of my feature classes in the GDB have the red ! next to them.  When I try to reconnect to the GDB I get the error "FDO error: -1".  I can't find any info on this via Google.  Anyone have a clue how I are reconnect to the GDB?  Many hours of work are in there!  Thank you in advance!

 

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you move a copy of the file geodatabase locally can you access it then?

I have seen where accessing a file geodatabase over a cloud backup can be problematic.

--- George T.
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Before getting your response, I had copied the GDB to the same sharepoint site as "Rev 1".  It copied ok and opened ok, but I lost a small amount of work.  The initial GDB still has the error.  It must be some issue related to caching when operating from the sharepoint site.  It probably updated in the cache but not Sharepoint, then the cache was lost and ArcGIS couldn't find the last state when it searched upon restarting the computer.  I lost the work done between the previous save to Sharepoint and the locally cached copy I think.  So far, the Rev 1 has had no issues.  I had to update some features to get back to where I was, but that solved the problem.  I know ArcGIS Pro doesn't play very well with Sharepoint, but I am trying to have a standardized save location so other staff can open the same files without having different versions of the same project saved locally.  I need the GIS data for my projects to stay with the same Sharepoint as all of my other Project data.  I wish ESRI would solve this, but I think they are trying to push us to their online service rather than letting us use Sharepoint.  

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
SwerefTM
New Contributor III

I had the same issue. This solved it for me.

1. Copy and paste  the gdb as a copy. I got a error that all could not copy so I just selected ok. ( I dont know what I could not copy but so far i dont notice anything. All tables is readable. 

2. Read the new gdb from contents pane or FME then  worked fine. 

I think I got this error after aborting a modelbuilder with big DEM files.  I also have the GDB stored in a folder that has ha sharepoint connection.  I think I will invest in a portal harddrive instead. 

 

0 Kudos