Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract LAS

02-05-2022 11:55 PM
IramIrshadBaqri
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to extract an area of Interest (smaller area) out of the big las file. I created a boundary (tried different sizes) and use that while running the tool. However, it doesn't extract the entire area included within the boundary. Only a small section of it gets extracted. I have tried increasing the x-extent but it doesn't change the output. I have confirmed that both the layers are in the same coordinate system. I have also tried to have the processing extent same as boundary layer, didn't work. I have tried processing it in both map and local scene hoping for the right output. 

IramIrshadBaqri_0-1644132720551.png  

IramIrshadBaqri_3-1644133282485.png

The output is as below, the square in red within my black boundary.

IramIrshadBaqri_4-1644133446795.png

Can anyone kindly guide me and let me know what's not working? Any advice is much appreciated. 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Iram Baqri

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe I know what's going on - the input point cloud parameter needs to be a LAS dataset or scene layer package (*.slpk).  Create a LAS dataset using the workflow described here and then attempt to extract the data again.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
mchakrab
New Contributor

Hi I created a LAS dataset (.lasd format) and then am trying to use the Extract LAS tool and getting the attached error. 

ExtractLAS_Error99999.JPG

0 Kudos