Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting PDF changes polygon fill

12-12-2022 12:12 PM
MitchellWimbush
New Contributor

When I export a layout to a PDF in ArcPro 2.9.5 the fills in my polygons change.

What the fill is supposed to look like (paving pattern is white)

Orig fill.jpg

What it looks like when exported as a PDF in Pro (paving pattern is black)

Pro fill.jpg

 What it looks like when exported to a PNG in Pro.

PNG.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LindaWilliams1
Occasional Contributor

I've seen two suggestions for fixing this issue. One is to select the option "Output as Image" in the Export pane. The other is to change a preference in Adobe. Under Edit>Preferences>Page Display in the Rendering section you'll see the option to "Enhance thin lines". Uncheck this option to turn it off. Hopefully one of these two methods will work for your case.

0 Kudos
MitchellWimbush
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions. When I select "Output as Image" it changes the display of my map and adds fill to areas of the map that shouldn't be filled.

In the legend:

extra1.jpg

 in a table:

extra2.jpg

 and the fill in the map changes and doesn't stay in the polygon boundary. (only the green area should be filled):

extra3.jpg

Makes no sense to me.
The change in preference in Adobe didn't work either.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Please package your project (Share->Project PAckage) and send it in to Esri support along with steps to reproduce the problem so someone can more interactively evaluate the bug and if needs be log an issue for development to investigate.

Additionally, consider updating to the latest ArcGIS Pro release to take advantage of the newest bug fixes and enhancements.

0 Kudos