Exporting joined table to FGDB

Jump to solution
09-22-2021 06:31 AM
PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

I've joined an attribute table to a FGDB (which contains photo attachments).  When I export the FGDB the resulting exported FGDB doesn't contain the attachments. I've exported both the features and tables but to no avail.

Any/all help and insights appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

My initial post was possibly quite abstruse but on further investigation it appears the the Join Field tool is what was required rather than right clicking the layer and invoking the 'Add Join' function.

Thanks for your replies though, the interest in resolving the issue was much appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using Pro to perform this workflow?  Do you have the ability to see if the same workflow would work in ArcMap if you have access to that software?  This really would just be a test to see if this capability ever existed in ESRI desktop software.

PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

Yes, am trying to perform this in Pro. I have access to ArcMap and will try it out in it. I seem to recall it was something I was able to previously do in ArcMap. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Let back up here in your description of the problem.  You joined a table to a database or you joined a table to a feature or table in a database.  You exported something in the database or you exported (copied) the database?

The attachments with the photos are related to a single Feature or Table using the Create Attachments dialog.  That allows you to add photos (or other). The relationship is based on GlobalID (source) to Rel_GlobalID (destination).  The table with the attachments will have an _ATTACH  added to the name of the source table and the relationship will have that as well. 

PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

I have a FGDB where each record has a number of photos attached to it. I also have an Excel file with attribute data which I want to join to the FGDB attribute table and then be able to export (or save) the updated FGDB with attachments. 

The only option I can see which is available is to export updated FGDB as a Feature Class and then export the associated Table but I can't find a way to export the updated FGDB in a manner which retains attachments and their relationship to the GlobalID field.

0 Kudos
PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

My initial post was possibly quite abstruse but on further investigation it appears the the Join Field tool is what was required rather than right clicking the layer and invoking the 'Add Join' function.

Thanks for your replies though, the interest in resolving the issue was much appreciated.

0 Kudos