Select to view content in your preferred language

Export map to .tif is clipping map edges off

06-12-2017 09:03 AM
BobChristensen
Frequent Contributor

Hi, I am exporting a map to .tif. I have set the extent of the map properties in a variety of ways, including extent of data in all layers and custom extent with reference to the primary data in the map but in each instance the .tif is ending up clipping the map off on the left and right sides. I had exported a number of files yesterday with the full extent of the data showing up but all of the sudden I am seeing this clipping and I do not know what I did to cause this issue. Any advice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can you list the extent of the tiff's and what you are setting to?  You didn't indicate whether you tried it manually with explicit numbers... also, everything is in the same coordinate system?

BobChristensen
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan, thanks for looking into this. Here is an image that shows how the left and right edges are clipped in the exported image file, and one of the settings I have tried for the map properties. I have tried other extents for the data in the map display but have not tried to manually enter numbers.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

check photo viewer... you may be assuming that it is clipping when it isn't.  One way to verify would be to bring that layer back in and see if it is really clipped

0 Kudos
BobChristensen
Frequent Contributor

It is really clipped. 

I just tried entering the extent of the layer manually and that is working. Is there a template file or something that might be corrupt?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well for some reason it isn't reading the extent of that file... either select it explicitly to identify the extent or set it manually.  There is no template file that covers this and I can see no bug reports other than things not being in the same coordinate system

0 Kudos