Select to view content in your preferred language

Explore tool doesn't work on first click

09-13-2024 05:55 AM
Labels (1)
aretzler
Emerging Contributor

I have a daily issue in my ArcPro 3.1.2 projects where left-clicking to use the Explore tool almost never works on the first click attempt (and often even the second and third attempts!).

The small window will pop-up with the loading bar that says "Identifying..." as if it's doing something, but it never changes to say "Querying..." and it never loads the pop-up information. When it does eventually work after one or more additional clicks, it will transition from "Identifying..." to "Querying..." and then show the pop-up information. So much of my work involves clicking and identifying specific data to see their attributes and it's just annoying enough during a full workday.

I do have pop-ups configured for all of the layers I identify and my Explore tool is set to Visible Layers. And the attribute pane on the Pop-up tab is expanded so it's not that I'm just not seeing it. Again, after a second click or more it works as it's supposed to and shows the queried layers in that spot on the Pop-up pane and all of their attributes.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions? This occurs in all of my projects, whether newly made or old, and does not seem to be tied to specific data/layers.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is very odd behavior and something I have not seen in my ArcGIS Pro.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.3.x currently.  I would recommend you do an ArcGIS Pro soft reset to see if this corrects the issue.