Select to view content in your preferred language

Exploratory 3D Analysis button only has Object Detection

05-02-2023 12:23 PM
Labels (1)
DavidTilman09
New Contributor II

I have 3D Analyst licensed and the license is turned on when I go to Project > Licensing in ArcPro.  However, when I have a raster loaded into my project (a terrain file) and I select the Analysis Tab > Exploratory 3D Analysis button, the only tool listed is Object Detection.  I don't know how to get the other tools to show up.  I am trying to use the Profile Graph tool, but it does not show up. 

I am using ArcPro 3.1 on Windows.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

did you create any 3d lines to get a profile from?

Profile graph—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Create profile graphs from 3D lines—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi David - you must be in a 3D Scene or Globe to work with the 3D Exploratory tools.  When you're in a 2D map, then you're correct only Object Detection shows up.  To convert your 2D map to a 3D scene or globe, go to the View tab, View group and select the Convert button dropdown.  Convert to either a scene or globe.  THEN the other tools will show.  Have fun!

Dana_FSC
New Contributor III

Hi Robert - thanks for this response as it's helpful - but wouldn't it be more helpful to just have ONE interface for analysis like this? I thought that that was the whole point of AGP - less interfaces...

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Certainly - glad my response proved helpful.  Agree that a simplified workflow would be nice.  As I do work in Esri Training Services, I have zero sway over how the application is developed.  You could create an ArcGIS Idea in the ArcGIS Pro community to get this in front of the developers eyes tho'...

0 Kudos
Dana_FSC
New Contributor III

Good suggestion. Thanks!

Jonathan_Goergen
New Contributor III

I was just looking into this same problem.  Prior to updating from AGP 3.0 to AGP 3.1 I could use the Exploratory 3D Analysis Tool in a 2D Map but now it is good as described as a OP.  So the application did have it the way the OP recommends just last release.  I had developed an example for training in-house staff in AGP 3.0 just last month and as I tested my material today I could not find it.  Glad to know if is available in Scene, but the change was not helpful.