Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI Split + Undo Crash

Jump to solution
Monday
Labels (1)
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2, causes program to stop working and crash while bringing up bug report.

Running into a repeatable crash - Steps below

1. Run split tool on line segment

2. Undo split execution

3. Copy Attributes of the record that was originally split from attribute pane

4. Redo split (program then crashes)

I assume the clip board does a freak out when the split is redone and the record that had its attributes copied no longer exists. It is entirely avoidable from a user perspective but a repeatable crash.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndrewDeLuca After digging around a bit, I think this crash was fixed in 3.3, so most likely still reproducing in 3.2.2. If you need a bug number, Esri Technical Support can help with that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndrewDeLuca I can't reproduce a crash like that, but that could be for a number of reasons. Is the data source a factor? Is the data source a shapefile, File Geodatabase, Enterprise geodatabase (if Enterprise is it versioned? if so, type of versioning?) Last but not least, is it a feature service? There could be other factors, but I would start with that.

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

Sorry should have led with that, it is a feature layer from a registered data store in enterprise portal (source is a non-versioned Enterprise Geodatabase) being edited in Pro.

Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndrewDeLuca After digging around a bit, I think this crash was fixed in 3.3, so most likely still reproducing in 3.2.2. If you need a bug number, Esri Technical Support can help with that.

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

Sounds good - We should have been on 3.3 already anyway, just another reason to upgrade. Cheers!