Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 1000 when cutting lines or polygons on feature layers hosted

08-07-2024 10:17 PM
Labels (2)
SYSMANOFFICE
Occasional Contributor

"Splitting Line Features failed.
General function failure [Error code: 1000. Description: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.. ]"

On all feature layers hosted, you cannot cut/split lines and polygons. All other edit commands work: create, modify, edit vertices, merge, etc.
The command does not work on all layers and all shapes. It is not a single line or polygon that is not cut, but all shapes.
I also tried on another feature layer hosted but the problem is the same.
Do you have any idea what it could be? Or how to solve the problem?

16 Replies
RodneyParker
Emerging Contributor

I received this is trying to spilt a line:  Splitting Line Features failed.
General function failure [Error code: 1000. Description: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.. ]

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Run 

Check Geometry—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

on the featureclass

... sort of retired...
SYSMANOFFICE
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem.
But the problem is only on feature layer hosted, on all shapes of all line and polygon layers.
I don't think it's a geometry error problem.
With the same database locally the split command works.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000130811 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

related

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
OliviaHarrison
Occasional Contributor

We've just run into this issue as well. It doesn't seem to be a data problem as we can use the Web Editor in ArcGIS Online to split lines. We have previously split lines in our network when updating it with no problems, but are suddenly running into this error with ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 and 3.3.1

MarcGreenfield
Emerging Contributor

Also having this exact issue when editing in Pro on AGOL hosted layers since yesterday plus can't even save when moving a single vertice of a line without this error code "General function failure [Error code: 1000. Description: Adding/updating geometries that result in SQL GeometryCollections is currently not supported (SQL Server performance).. ]"

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Frequent Contributor

I just received this error in ArcPro 3.0.0 when trying to reshape a polygon on a hosted layer.  I was reshaping the polygon by tracing a line feature with an arc.  The arc only has vertex's at the beginning and end, so I think that was causing the issue.  When I reshaped by manually clicking vertex's along the arc line, the reshape worked without any errors.  Maybe this will help someone.

0 Kudos
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

This issue has been identified as bug and is currently being investigated. A workaround would be to use the Web App builder edit tool or the Web Editor Application. Alternatively if you take the data onto your local drive edit and re-upload this should work. 

AlexErnst_IDPR
Occasional Contributor

Link us to the bug report please?

0 Kudos