Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 00001 - Blank Maps with Layers Added to Project After Converting KMZ to Layer - How to Delete?

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
ChristopherGTenny
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm using Arc GIS Pro 3.3.

As a part of my workflow, I convert KMZs to layers and then to shapefiles through the toolbox tools. Those tools work fine without any error and I delete the layer from the contents pane. I am only working in one map with the project.

However, when I try to share the "project" package, those layers show up as errors "00001 Map does not have layers". Those layers are not actually within the project and when I right click on the error and select "See Map in the Contents Pane", it pulls up a new tab as a blank map titled the layer's name. I don't need/want this map/layer in the project as it actually has nothing to do with the map I am working in.

Is there a way to delete this from the project so I can share the project package and avoid these errors?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This has been seen before

Solved: Project Package basemap error 00001 - Esri Community

so you will have to check for errant 'empty' maps prior to packaging

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ChristopherGTenny
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your quick response. The empty maps do not show up under the map section in the catalog view. Only the one map I am intentionally working with shows up, as it should. The empty maps with errors are only found through the "analyze" function when trying to share the project package.

Do you have any suggestion to delete those empty maps that aren't found in the catalog?

0 Kudos
ChristopherGTenny
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I still need help. The empty maps do not show up in the catalog view. Is there anything to locate them and delete them from the project?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000121241 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

you might want to contact tech support since this has appeared before but with revit files... they can best handle what worked in that situation and whether it applies in your case

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ChristopherGTenny
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to respond and say thank you for your help. I'll contact Tech Support and hope that they can resolve the issue.

Hope you have a great day!

0 Kudos