Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing the text position in a dimension feature class

Jump to solution
03-02-2023 01:30 AM
PatrickLösel
New Contributor II

Hello,

i want to place the text of dimension underneath the baseline.

Now I have the problem, that both possible solutions I found don’t work. The format of my text symbol can’t be edited in creation of a new dimension style.

Otherwise, when I try to change the attribute “TEXT Y” in an existing dimension feature, I only get an error window by applying the change. The error window doesn’t include any information.

I work with the ArcGIS Pro Version 2.9.6

Error window after trying to apply the change in the attribute "TEXT Y"Error window after trying to apply the change in the attribute "TEXT Y"this dimension shoud be underneath the baselinethis dimension shoud be underneath the baselinethe Offset y can't be editedthe Offset y can't be edited

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jennifer_Cadkin
New Contributor II

Will this work?  To reposition the text box, use the Edit Vertices tool and hover on the edge of the text box. 

Jennifer_Cadkin_0-1678394055506.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jennifer_Cadkin
New Contributor II

Will this work?  To reposition the text box, use the Edit Vertices tool and hover on the edge of the text box. 

Jennifer_Cadkin_0-1678394055506.png

PatrickLösel
New Contributor II

Thanks, I think that's really the only option. Unfortunately you can't center the text exactly that way.

0 Kudos
JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the feedback about your need to reposition the text- change side as well as centered along line.  We will consider it for a future enhancement.

-Jennifer

0 Kudos
EricMahaffey1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

I ran into the same situation, but when I select the dimension feature and then the Edit Vertices tool, I don't get a box around the label.  I'm at ArcGIS Pro v3.2.2.  Any advice?

0 Kudos