Editing in Arcgis Pro

10-15-2017 04:39 PM
JonathanHallam1
New Contributor III

I would like some help with creating features, I am creating camping pitches for a event I map (rectangles), the brown and purple lines I create as set up guides to make sure they are in align. The brown ones are 8m and the purple are 3m.

I currently have been creating each set up line going across towards the road 8m one, then 3m, 8m so on ... and then I create the rectangle camping pitches by using rectangle create feature along 8m line and then coming down 10m to create 8 x 10 pitches. 

Is there a efficient way to do this many times going down the plan parallel to the road, I did copy all features from highest line to create second line, but had to create extra in between to get the exact offset difference between the two  rows of pitches. 

Any help appreciated to create set up lines and then rectangle pitches as quickly as possible using ArcGIS Pro editing & creating tools

Camping lines for creating features

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It looks like this would be a good case for using the editing grid in ArcGIS Pro

Enable the editing grid—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

If the sites need to be parallel to the road, enable the grid and rotate it so that it runs along the road.  You could copy/paste a site and then snap to the grid.  That should make the task a lot faster.

0 Kudos
JonathanHallam1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the tip Kory, unfortunately the grid I need doesn't have the same size for all lengths. 

It needs to be able to create 8 x10 rectangles with 3 horizontal gaps and 6 vertical gaps

0 Kudos