Editing graphics in ArcPro

06-23-2017 01:49 PM
KatherineZander
New Contributor II

I am in ArcPro and trying to edit the vertices of a graphic (not a feature) I made.  This was very simple in ArcGIS, where I was able to drag, add, and delete vertices..  I can't seem to find this option in ArcPro.  Is this still a function available? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There's an enhancement request to add this functionality - ENH-000086337 : Provide functionality to edit the vertices of polygon and polyline graphic elements in ArcGIS Pro.  Not sure of it's current status.

LarryNierth
New Contributor III

As of 2.2, has this functionality been added?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It's not in 2.2.x to my knowledge but rumor has it that graphics will be supported in a near release of AGP.  Not sure if that's 2.3 or 2.4 though.

LarryNierth
New Contributor III

Ok. Thanks for the update.  This will be a great help for modifying graphical components of layouts imported from ArcMap.

On a separate note.  I had a very large and graphic intensive layout within an MXD file in ArcMap 10.5.1 that went corrupt.  I'm assuming that the network went wonky during a save.  Anyway, I imported the broken MXD into Pro and it opened!  It was a nice save until I realized I could not get access to the vertices of all the graphic lines and polys.   Pro doesn't allow a reverse save to MXD (obviously), but if you have to open an old MXD and it's broken, Pro may still be able to read it.  

Thanks again,

-Larry

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You bet Larry - happy to assist.  With regard to the backwards compatibility to ArcMap, you're correct that map wise there is none.  The data itself is fine between the two apps.  One thing you may want to try on your *.mxd is the MXD Doctor in the ArcGIS folder on your Windows Start button area.  Perhaps it can fix your corrupted *.mxd.

0 Kudos
LarryNierth
New Contributor III

Brilliant!  Thank you!  That worked as well.  This will save a lot of time!  Redoing those graphic components would have been a nightmare.  I'm adding this one to the cue to port over, hopefully with 2.3.  Thanks again!

MichaelPillers
New Contributor II

My first post to Geo Net.  Howdy!  I'm just coming up to speed with Pro and got involved last night with inserting graphics, both on a Layout and on a Map. Working in the Layout environment was pretty intuitive.  Struggled in the Map environment until I figured out ESRI has elevated the notion of graphics on the Map to a feature class level.  So far, I'm thinking that was a good move.  Much more control over your graphics.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Howdy Michael and welcome to GeoNet!  The graphics in AGP discussion has been a good one - and if you were at the International Users Conference in San Diego, CA this year was one of the items that I heard from customers at the AGP Product Island.  Currently Map Notes are the methodology to insert "annotations" in the Map View.  One can do graphics, of sorts, in the Layout Views.  AGP is a constantly growing/evolving product that will improve over the short and long term.

0 Kudos
ScottNorton
New Contributor

Hello - I'm wondering if this functionality has been added yet?  I would like to be able to edit the vertices of graphic features in ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks-

Scott

0 Kudos