Select to view content in your preferred language

Dragging Catalog item to Contents pane doesn't always work

04-13-2023 09:43 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1

Most of the time, dragging a Catalog item to the Contents pane works as expected. But sometimes when I attempt to drag an item, the Contents pane won't allow me to drop the item (the rectangle in the Contents pane that indicates an item can be dropped doesn't show up).

Video:

(The yellow circle around the mouse pointer indicates that the mouse button has being clicked/is being dragged.)

Sometimes, the issue is that I've accidently single-clicked the item name and put it into rename-mode. Which seems to prevent dragging & dropping. I don't know if that's operator error or not.

But other times, the dragged item simply can't be dropped. Such as the first attempt in the video.

Has anyone else had that issue? Have you been able to narrow it down to a specific scenario/root cause?

Thanks.

Full video: Mobile GDB spatial database view — Can't open attribute table directly using 'Open Table' in Catalog. I tried reproducing the steps in that video but didn't see the drag-and-drop issue this time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Here's another example (ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1):

Dragging the STRLN_ROUTE FC from Catalog to Contents doesn't work on the first try.

Full video source: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/make-route-event-layer-output-layer-s-default-name/id...

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Here's another example. ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0; file geodatabase.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the root cause is or what the repeatable steps would be.

To quote the Trailer Park Boys: "Sometimes she goes, and sometimes she don't."

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Esri Case #03635777 - Dragging Catalog item to Contents pane doesn't always work

Case closed. Could not reproduce.

0 Kudos