Select to view content in your preferred language

Does Arc GIS Basic has Slope Function?

Jump to solution
02-10-2022 10:38 AM
JosephHruda
New Contributor

Hi, I subscribed to Arc GIS Pro Basic.

I am trying to create a slope map out of DEM. However when I search for Slope tool and click on it, it says this tool is locked. 

Just wondering do I have to subscribe to higher version of the product to do such an easy job?

Would thought this function should include in the basic product.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You get exactly what you buy. ArcGIS Pro Basic/ Standard/ Advanced doesn't come with any extension.

The extensions can be procured separately or bundled with the core Desktop licenses (e.g. ArcGIS for Personal Use license is a bundled product with ArcGIS Pro Advanced and 10 extensions and ArcGIS Online subscription; but it's for non-commercial purpose only). You could reach out to your local Esri distributor for more information.

You can buy just the extension.

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You would require a 3D Analyst or Spatial Analyst extension for ArcGIS Pro.

Slope (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

JayantaPoddar_0-1644518534652.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
JosephHruda
New Contributor

OK Thanks. So do I have to buy a bundle for it? Is there a way to just buy the extension I need?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JosephHruda
New Contributor

Also like in Basic it does not include any extension tool in it?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You get exactly what you buy. ArcGIS Pro Basic/ Standard/ Advanced doesn't come with any extension.

The extensions can be procured separately or bundled with the core Desktop licenses (e.g. ArcGIS for Personal Use license is a bundled product with ArcGIS Pro Advanced and 10 extensions and ArcGIS Online subscription; but it's for non-commercial purpose only). You could reach out to your local Esri distributor for more information.

You can buy just the extension.

Think Location