Do hatch labels respect ArcGIS Pro overposting environment?

08-29-2022 10:10 PM
Labels (1)
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 to add text elements to display the measured distance along some M-enabled polylines.  Technically, the polylines are part of an LRS Network created using the Location Referencing extension licensed as part of ArcGIS Roads and Highways but I believe what I am seeing will apply to any M-enabled polylines. To add text elements to the markers to display the measured distance at each hatch I have been following the documentation at Draw measured hatches along lines—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

It has been working well but I am seeing overposted text like this:

GraemeBrowning_Aurizon_0-1661835778485.png

At About displaying hatches—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com) in the ArcMap Help it says:

"Hatches do not respect the ArcMap overposting environment. As such, hatches and their labels can overlap one another."

I have not been able to find equivalent documentation about the ArcGIS Pro overposting environment but it seems like the same software limitation must exist there.

Can anyone confirm that hatches do not respect the ArcGIS Pro overposting environment?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

On the assumption that this does represent an ArcGIS Pro software limitation I have posted an ArcGIS Pro Idea to have it lifted at Make ArcGIS Pro overpost environment (Maplex) take route hatch labels into account - Esri Community.

0 Kudos