Select to view content in your preferred language

Deleting records in a Feature Class in sde

02-03-2020 09:56 AM
BillMorgan1
Emerging Contributor

I need to delete about 30k records in a parcel feature class of about 170k.  Then append new ones from a USB to replace the ones I deleted which will so include an update to those.  Simply highlight and delete in attribute table using the highlighted "x" seems sketchy with that many?  Is there another better way?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor

It as easy as that.  Delete the records you want to get rid of and append the new ones.

If your uneasy about doing so I would suggest exporting the feature to a file geodatabase.  Deleting the records you don't want.  Compressing the database the load the new records into the feature. compress it again.

then you can truncate the SDE feature class and load the updated records in

0 Kudos
BillMorgan1
Emerging Contributor

Thanks good info. The problem I had was I open the attr tables highlighted what needs to be replaced, deleted using the "delete selected" "X" in top left corner to put it simply.   So then I appended through toolbox the gdb with the new stuff to the FC on SDE but after it was seemingly done, it only depended a few records not the entre gdb.  No selection or query was turned on for this to happen.  never had this happen before

0 Kudos